Are you interested in making a difference in helping to Keep People and Pets Together? The Doña Ana County Humane Society (DACHS) is hiring an Executive Director!
Since 1955, DACHS has remained a leader in the animal welfare community. While we are not a shelter, we administer programs that change and save the lives of pets in Doña Ana County. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
● Responsible for the planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
● Responsible for donor development activities including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors as well as annual giving and planned giving programs.
● Effectively conducts all grant writing and grant reporting activities for the organization.
● Responsible for all accounts payable and accounts receivable activities for the organization.
● Provides leadership to and manages DACHS staff and contractors to ensure goals and objectives are being met.
● Responsible for managing and cultivating the organization’s board of directors.
● Creates and manages an annual marketing plan to help coordinate events and fundraisers, engage supporters, and create awareness for DACHS and its programs. Develops an actionable plan for fundraising and manages the organization’s cash flow.
● Ensures that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
● Responsible for creating and adhering to the organization’s annual budget.
Executive Director Qualifications / Skills:
● Demonstrated leadership and management skills
● Ability to multi-task and to take initiative
● Ability to work independently
● Creative problem-solving skills
● Enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible
● Organized and collaborative
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● 3 or more years of non-profit experience preferred
● Management or supervisory experience preferred
● Spanish speaking preferred but not required
● Proficiency in Quickbooks, Microsoft Office applications, and customer relationship management software.
● Proficient in social media content creation.
Salary: Salary range for the Executive Director is $50,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience plus benefits.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until July 11, 2022.